Sunday, June 7, 2009

Thing 4 Flickr Mashups



Well, this spelling with Flicker is rather nifty. But I had lots of issues with saving it. In fact I can't figure out how to save the word unless you have to do it letter by letter.

'i' 't 'letter 'letter 'Y'




As you can see, it didn't work for me copying the html and pasting it here. I don't know why though. After a bit more exploring or messing around, I decided to save each letter as an image and paste here. Well, that didn't exactly work like I expected. It's an unexpected outcome.


So, then I decided to explore a couple of the other mashup programs. Putting captions on a digital photo was interesting. However, Icouldn't figure out how to resize the balloons for use on this portrait picture. Now this has lots of potential for use with presentation or newsletter or blogs.



Then I tried the color picker. I like red so I slide the color selection around to red. I don't like that you can't just paste an image into this editor. This inserting is a pain because it inserts at the top. Okay, I guess I have to be patient as I'm learning this. Some techniques don't transfer from one program to another..... Well, you don't see a block of red color because nothing saved doing a right click save picture as....



On to the next step. Perhaps someone can share a hint or two to help out my frustrations...









No comments:

Post a Comment