Sunday, July 5, 2009

Thing 14 Delicious

My Delicious account is http://delicious.com/lbailey695 . I've been using this off and on for about a year. I downloaded the toolbar for easy access on my laptop or work computer. I kept trying to remember to add my bookmarks to this website, but I often slip back into the old habit of just bookmarking. I do like how you can stay logged in for several days on Delicious.com

I did finally figure out tonight how to import my bookmarks from Internet Explorer into Delicious. The instructions taking a bit of digging to find, but it's something you don't do often either. So, now I need to go in and tag a bunch of bookmarks.

I don't particularly like the Popular Bookmarks feature. Why should I care what's popular? I'm more interested in my interests. I do like seeing the bookmarks of people in my network. Of course, you have to create your network.

One thing bugs me though. All my bookmarks are in one account. That means personal and professional bookmarks are all in one set. Well, as I was writing that, I decided to go back and search a bit more on Delicious. I found it--you can make your bookmarks private or public. So, now I can go back in a hide personal interests. Then professionals that I share my Delicious account with won't have to filter through all that stuff. Don't look tomorrow--it will still reflect lots of personal interest. Not that I have anything to hide, but it's something about the privacy of my life....

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tip about organizing the bookmarks in Delicious. I've been thinking about doing that since we will be turning in our laptops in August and it's time to get my home and school bookmarks sorted out.

    ReplyDelete