Monday, July 6, 2009

Thing 17 LibWorm

I like LibWorm so much better than Digg. I guess they aren't the same but a bit similar. I tried searching for cataloging and had lots of postings to read. Then I tried searching for "personal narrative" a subheading that my cataloguing clerk has some usage questions on. Well, it talked about that topic but didn't lead me to anything insightful. Then I tried the titles of a couple of book recently in the news--graveyard (lots of hits announcing all the awards the book has won) and TTYL (lots of chronicling of the challenges on this title). I think this search engine with its library focus is one to consider checking out when we are looking for our professional related topics. I'm sure google and others would return most of these along with a couple of million other hits. This narrowing down focus should save us valuable time.

I did decide to create a MyLibWorm account. Not exactly sure why, but it will allow me to post or submit information. I also liked the recent postings listings--looks like a good way to glance at what's going on in our profession.

No comments:

Post a Comment