Monday, July 27, 2009

Thing 18 Wikis

I went into Wikipedia and read the intro type page. I like the what's in the news and in the past feature. Quick way to know what's going on. I looked up shoarma--a new meat dish I was introduced to The Netherlands on my vacation. At first the article seemed a bit off, but under the country variations, the description finally matched what I'd sampled. The main entry (shawrma) was also not spelled like I'd seen it, but the article listed that there are numerous ways that you'll see it spelled. There was no quality warning though I've seen that on some other articles I've looked at before. Under the discussion tab I found LOTS of comments agreeing and disagreeing with the information. It seems there are quite a few opinions about all the variations of shoarma being grouped into one heading. The page has been around a little over two years with several changes along the way.

I really have found that Wikipedia is a good source for current information and a source to consult on book study guides for adult books and gives fairly good information on geographical places. I was especially pleased to find a list of places to visit in Amerstdam before I went over there for a week.

I added my page and three subpages to the 23 Wiki. I really think that someone has a subpage with my name on it. I wasn't in the right place when I clicked add a page. So, look under Lea Bailey to see my work. Ignore Lea under Lisa. Sorry, Lisa... I added pages on my hobbies, my grandchildren, and my summer vacation. I forgot my naming format on the third page so it's not consistent. Couldn't figure out how to change that either. No, it's not hard. It's just a different way to create a website or resource.

No comments:

Post a Comment